POP3 Mail Server - Binaries Available Anywhere?

POP3 Mail Server - Binaries Available Anywhere?

Post by Terry Bank » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I'd like to try putting POP3 mail server on one of our machines so
that the development staff could check their mail from their windows
desktop systems without having to login on the unix boxes.
Are there any Solaris 2.4/2.5 POP3 mail programs in the pkgadd format
like found at http://smc.vnet.net/solaris_2.5.html anywhere else?

Thanks,
  Terry Banks

1. (newbie) pop3 mail client on pc attached via ethernet to linux pop3 server problems

hi,

somebody help me,

I'm connecting to a pop3 linux server via ethernet, the ip of the mail
client (pc) is in the hosts file, and i've configured the mail client to
point towards the mail servers ip, i can compose the mail message, but
after about 10 seconds of clicking send, this message appears on the pop3
server. the mail client warns me that the message was not sent.

--snip--

Pegasus Mail has timed out out while waiting for a response from the remote
host.

Socket timeouts like this can be caused by network congestion, slow
data.

You should adjust the timeout field in your Network Configuration dialog to
a longer value. If the problem persists after doing this, you may have a
configuration problem or a problem with your network.

--snip--

here's what appears on the linux pop3 server,

----snip----

Subject: Returned mail: root... Recipient names must be specified

The original message was received at Thu, 31 Oct 1996 01:57:46 GMT
from client [192.94.66.247]

501 root... Recipient names must be specified
554 /root/dead.letter... cannot open: Permission denied

2. X-Windows

3. how to use emacs mail with ISP pop3 mail server?

4. Xfree 4

5. DNS Server for SCO available freely anywhere?

6. Backspace over command line prompt

7. SQL II Client/Server Public Domain Source Available Anywhere ??

8. TIMEWAIT'ing sockets problem !!! Help !!!

9. Looking for pop3 mail daemon source or binary

10. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server

11. Where to find IMAP4 and POP3 server binaries

12. Pop3 server on Solaris2.4: Binary installed?

13. Are there sources for a pop3 client anywhere