Keyboard/Display-less Server

Post by Mark Setchel » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Since removing the keyboard and display (including Graphics card) from
a SPARC-5 in order to use it as a Network Server, every now and again
it drops back to the 'ok' prompt and stops responding to all network
traffic.

If I go to its serial port and type 'go' it carries on running again.
Anyone know what is going on?

TIA
--

17 Hurst Place, Gillingham, Kent, England ME8 9AS
Tel: +44-1634-264198

1. k8dmaster2 & keyboard-less operation

i have i k8d master2  from msi, but i can't get it into keyboard-less
operation, it's always halting on a keyboard error, when the keyboard is
disconnected. i changed the following settings in the bios, 'wait for F1 if
error' -> 'disabled' and 'System keyboard' -> 'absent', but to no avail.

jef

2. removing files

3. Keyboard- and mouse-less SPARC?

4. Linux-Kernel Archive: No 100 HZ timer !

5. Can linux boot on a keyboard and monitor-less network machine?

6. Keyboard configuration on monkey distrtibution

7. Keyboard-less boot loader trouble, 2nd round...

8. Kde Taskbar applet

9. How do I make less display ansi/highlights ?

10. RedHat 9 'less' does not display 8-bit chars

11. How does keyboard input transmit from keyboard of X Server to application?

12. Even less from LESS

13. pipe data to less of (xterm -e less) ?