Need a simply util that will monitor CPU/DISK and email stats

Need a simply util that will monitor CPU/DISK and email stats

Post by Mr. Sar » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 22:41:27

Since this is a newsgroup, my thought is we share and help one another.
That's simply what I am searching for.  Yes, I could hire you/someone to do
this but this request should be handled in another forum/or website.  I am
simply seeking such a tool that can do CPU % and email a defined user based
on certain CPU requirements, as well as disk space.  If you cannot help me
then I ask that you stand aside and let someone else have that opportunity.

Regards

Rich

> > Understood... however I don't know scripting yet.  Could someone provide
> > with such a cript that I can learn and use? Liek you said I know someone
> > has created on that could share.

> > Thanks

> > Rich

> I was trying to give you an alternative to the comment that might be more
> common...A lot of UNIX guys are out of work right now and "most" should
see
> this sort of "service" as a billable to make money, especially since many
> lost their jobs to the Jr. level PC techs who work much cheapier and can
be
> coersed by management into doing UNIX SA work too.

> In short: I'd be more than happy write custom admin/monitoring scripts for
> you...for a price based upon time and materials billing.  No fixed price
bids
> though.

> --
> -wiseguy
> slummin it in Colorado ski country, while watching the IT industry move
> to India, and thinking about retraining as a Sanitation Engineer

Need a simply util that will monitor CPU/DISK and email stats

Post by paul y » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 04:15:00

Quote:> > > Understood... however I don't know scripting yet.  Could someone provide
> > > with such a cript that I can learn and use? Liek you said I know someone
> > > has created on that could share.

Try Big Brother Watcher.
www.bb4.com

Need a simply util that will monitor CPU/DISK and email stats

Post by Mr. Sar » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:39:38

Thanks, but this are to overkill for me. All I need is a simple perl script
perhaps that can watch these things and email me what I set as a threshold.
I know someone must have created such program. Please advise.

Rich

Quote:> > > > Understood... however I don't know scripting yet.  Could someone
provide

> Try Big Brother Watcher.
> www.bb4.com

Need a simply util that will monitor CPU/DISK and email stats

Post by Rich Tee » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:07:07

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, it was written:

Quote:> Thanks, but this are to overkill for me. All I need is a simple perl script
> perhaps that can watch these things and email me what I set as a threshold.
> I know someone must have created such program. Please advise.

I'll be happy to write a set of custom scripts for you, at my usual
contract rate.  Please contact me via email if you want to discuss
this further.

Regards,

--
Rich Teer