Where is CDE "Terminal"?

Post by ohay » Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:51:53

Hi,

In CDE, when you right-click on the desktop, and then Tools->Terminal,
it starts up a terminal window.  Where is the actual binary that gets
started up when you do this?  I want to setup a hotkey to start the same
type of terminal window, and thought it was xterm, but that comes up
without a scrollbar, etc.

Thanks,
Jim

Where is CDE "Terminal"?

Post by Coy Hil » Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:58:33

> Hi,

> In CDE, when you right-click on the desktop, and then Tools->Terminal,
> it starts up a terminal window.  Where is the actual binary that gets
> started up when you do this?  I want to setup a hotkey to start the same
> type of terminal window, and thought it was xterm, but that comes up
> without a scrollbar, etc.

> Thanks,
> Jim

The default terminal is, I believe dtterm.

--
Coy Hile

Where is CDE "Terminal"?

Post by Tony Walto » Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:57:08

> Hi,

> In CDE, when you right-click on the desktop, and then Tools->Terminal,
> it starts up a terminal window.  Where is the actual binary that gets
> started up when you do this?

Do you mean /usr/dt/bin/dtterm  ?

--
Tony

Where is CDE "Terminal"?

Post by ohay » Sun, 05 Dec 2004 08:06:35

> > Hi,

> > In CDE, when you right-click on the desktop, and then Tools->Terminal,
> > it starts up a terminal window.  Where is the actual binary that gets
> > started up when you do this?  I want to setup a hotkey to start the same
> > type of terminal window, and thought it was xterm, but that comes up
> > without a scrollbar, etc.

> > Thanks,
> > Jim

> The default terminal is, I believe dtterm.

> --
> Coy Hile

Tony and Coy,

Thanks!  Yes, "dtterm" is "it"...