NIS+ && shadow passwords?

Post by Matthew D. Sto » Thu, 16 May 1996 04:00:00

We're just getting started with NIS+ (for a variety of reasons), and I'm a
little confused about how to implement shadow passwords.  From what I've
heard, setting up shadow passwords shouldn't be a problem, but it doesn't
seem to be configured that way out of the box.  When a user isn't
authenticated they can't see the password field, but once authenticated,
the password entries are all visible.

I've looked in the docs, but I can't seem to find anything describing how
to set the permissions to make shadow passwords work.  Could someone please
refer me to some docs, or explain to me how they got it working?
Thanks,
  -Matt