path

Post by Fentony Sudjon » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 05:56:23

hi

I am logging in as root on sol8. and I want to fix the PATH on env. which
file should I open? please help

path

Post by Barry Margoli » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 06:01:31

>I am logging in as root on sol8. and I want to fix the PATH on env. which
>file should I open? please help

/.profile

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

path

Post by Kurt J. Lanz » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 06:02:10

> hi

> I am logging in as root on sol8. and I want to fix the PATH on env. which
> file should I open? please help

"man login" ought to have the info you want. I'm too
damn lazy to look it up for you.

1. add in the PATH a path if not present in the PATH

I look for a function in POSIX shell. this function must add path in the
$PATH if it isn't present.
by example:
I want add /bin in PATH
echo $PATH
--> /bin:/usr/bin
/bin is in the PATH then i don't add /bin
If I want add /usr/local/bin
/usr/local/bin isn't in the PATH then I add:
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin

  gaetan.schneller.vcf
< 1K Download

2. workman thrugh terminal speakers?

3. ksh: add path to $PATH only when ot yet in $PATH

4. Menu builder tools for UNIX???

5. zsh's 'typeset -U path' wipes out path/PATH

6. How to use shell command to ....

7. PATH=$(getconf PATH), but PATH for getconf?

8. mktime() advice needed

9. set path = "$path" hoses path in tcsh -- why???

10. How to expand paths in $PATH like "~/bin" to full path?

11. Relative path to Absolute path

12. tcsh PATH, path, and ~: bug or feature?

13. how to add a path to my path variable