Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Post by mr_peter_steven.. » Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:07:51

Hi All,

<hangs head in shame>

I've downloaded the latest patchpro from sun, and like a stupid idiot
didn't read the instructions and installed the packages using

pkgadd -d /export/home/luser/pproSunOSx865.9re2.2

this listed 11 packages, and I blindly installed them all. Now when I
installed patchpro using the setup script it install but doesn't run
properly.

Is there a way roll back these packages that I have installed, and if I
take a note of them, will it put the system back the way it was before,
or has this overwritten some previous versions files.

I have uninstalled patchpro using the uninstall script BTW.

Needless to say, this is not a production server!
Many thanks in advance,

P.

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Post by Alex Zaruti » Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:06:40

I would check if you console history remembers about outputs. It may
keep the names of the 11 installed packages.

After that I would pkginfo | grep <name>, where the name is name of the
package. Like this:

bash-2.05$ pkginfo | grep vim
system      SFWvim                           vim - Vi IMproved - a
programmers text editor"

If they are listed, it may be a way to delete them
pkgrm <name>

I hope it will not break your system.

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Post by mr_peter_steven.. » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 04:53:24

Thanks Alex.

I have a note of the packages so I'm going to hunt around on the
Solaris CD-ROMs and try and force install the same packages that I
installed by mistake with patchpro.

Hopefully this will resinstall the original versions over the duff
ones.

Doh!

Thanks again.

P.

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Post by Alex Zaruti » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:04:27

Check the history file of the shell that you used to install it. It may
keep something. But anyway, CD will be the best source.

1. Stupid, stupid, stupid! FAT access rights...

I have a problem, I can't access my DOS dir unless I am root, and chmod
don't work. I remember someone else posting the exact same problem a
while back and the answer was something like 'bonehead, read the faq,
it's .....' etc etc but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Please help or I will hold my breath until I turn blue. <sucks in a
lung full of air>

Thanks,
Stu.

2. Help with GNOME install

3. stupid stupid stupid

4. Can′t open osf_boot

5. Stupid or not so stupid questions

6. restarting the mouse in X

7. Stupid, stupid question

8. Unknown VGA adaptor and monitor

9. One stupid question and one not so stupid

10. REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS (not so stupid)

11. stupid stupid. THANKS Sun-not.

12. stupid choice = another stupid newbie question

13. That stupid windoze thing again (was That stupid prayer at school thing again...)