mplayer on full screen

Post by Carlos M. Buj Riba » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:26:43

Hi!!

I have this problem. I cannot use mplayer on full screen mode. Neither
games such as quake II. Actually I can only play Quake II in a very
small window and I can only watch movies with mplayer in a very small
window too. I have an sparc ultra 10 creator 3D running with Solaris 9.
If I try Quake or mplayer on full screen mode it works very very slow.
Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Carlos Buj

mplayer on full screen

Post by Thomas Maier-Komo » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:23:59

Quote:> Hi!!

> I have this problem. I cannot use mplayer on full screen mode. Neither
> games such as quake II. Actually I can only play Quake II in a very
> small window and I can only watch movies with mplayer in a very small
> window too. I have an sparc ultra 10 creator 3D running with Solaris 9.
> If I try Quake or mplayer on full screen mode it works very very slow.
> Any suggestion?

> Thanks,

> Carlos Buj

Hi,

I am running s10b69. For mplayer the -zoom option helped, although
it runs really sloooow. I.e. continuous framedropping, which does not
appear on the same machine running linux. Concerning Quake I cannot
tell you anything...

Cheers,

Tom

mplayer on full screen

Post by Carlos M. Buj Riba » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:55:40

>> Hi!!

>> I have this problem. I cannot use mplayer on full screen mode. Neither
>> games such as quake II. Actually I can only play Quake II in a very
>> small window and I can only watch movies with mplayer in a very small
>> window too. I have an sparc ultra 10 creator 3D running with Solaris
>> 9. If I try Quake or mplayer on full screen mode it works very very
>> slow. Any suggestion?

>> Thanks,

>> Carlos Buj

> Hi,

> I am running s10b69. For mplayer the -zoom option helped, although
> it runs really sloooow. I.e. continuous framedropping, which does not
> appear on the same machine running linux. Concerning Quake I cannot
> tell you anything...

> Cheers,

> Tom

It's the same for me. With the zoon option runs really slow and
continuous framedropping....

mplayer on full screen

Post by a.. » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:26:58

>>> Hi!!

>>> I have this problem. I cannot use mplayer on full screen mode. Neither
>>> games such as quake II. Actually I can only play Quake II in a very
>>> small window and I can only watch movies with mplayer in a very small
>>> window too. I have an sparc ultra 10 creator 3D running with Solaris
>>> 9. If I try Quake or mplayer on full screen mode it works very very
>>> slow. Any suggestion?

>>> Thanks,

>>> Carlos Buj

>> Hi,

>> I am running s10b69. For mplayer the -zoom option helped, although
>> it runs really sloooow. I.e. continuous framedropping, which does not
>> appear on the same machine running linux. Concerning Quake I cannot
>> tell you anything...

>> Cheers,

>> Tom

> It's the same for me. With the zoon option runs really slow and
> continuous framedropping....

u60 + xvr-500 with mplayer -vo gl2
full-screen 1600x1280 & cpu idle ~50%

--
                                                Ares.

mplayer on full screen

Post by Alex Balme » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:11:42

Quote:> Hi!!

> I have this problem. I cannot use mplayer on full screen mode. Neither
> games such as quake II. Actually I can only play Quake II in a very
> small window and I can only watch movies with mplayer in a very small
> window too. I have an sparc ultra 10 creator 3D running with Solaris 9.
> If I try Quake or mplayer on full screen mode it works very very slow.
> Any suggestion?

> Thanks,

> Carlos Buj

I have a runquake shell script to start up quake "maximised".

./quake.xil -winsize 1275 988

  - you should be able to adjust those figures (x, y) any way you wish,
those numbers are good for a maximised window in 1280x1024 CDE. The
Ultra 10 may not be able to run very fluidly at that frame rate (my U60
can only barely handle it) so oyu may wish to halve those figures and
use "+pixel_multiply 2".

Quake 2 I cannot persuade to run particularly well under any
software/OpenGL circumstances.

mplayer suffers from a problem I believe is prevalent in almost all
older SPARC systems (and I've no idea if that has ever been seen to), a
lack of video hardware scaling.

Alex.

1. MPlayer full screen mode.

I am trying to find some decent DivX player on Linux. I got MPlayer working
but don't really care for its fullscreen mode. It is just a maximized
window. I might be doing something wrong. Is there a way I can run it in
*real* full screen mode?

2. On-line Solaris 8 Study Guide

3. MPlayer runs slow on full screen

4. Recomended Ethernet Cards

5. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

6. Appending a disclaimer

7. xdm and hostlist

8. (stupid question on) CDE mouse: moving full-screen window from MID-screen?

9. X screen doesn't use full screen - help!

10. full screen X window?

11. Cant get full screen in X

12. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics