How to check system load level?

Post by Sale » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:06:53

Hi All,

      How can I check the system load level under on a Solaris 2.6 server?

Thanks in advace,
Saleej.

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:20:15

|      How can I check the system load level under on a Solaris 2.6 server?

uptime

Post by Darren Dunha » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:23:11

> Hi All,
>       How can I check the system load level under on a Solaris 2.6 server?

That probably depends on what you mean by "load level".  The traditional
measure (time averaged number of processes in the run queue) is visible
by running 'uptime'.

          < How are you gentlemen!! Take off every '.SIG'!! >

How to check system load level?

Post by Rich Tee » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:31:29

Quote:>       How can I check the system load level under on a Solaris 2.6 server?

Run the "uptime" command.

--
Rich Teer

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

Post by wam » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 02:39:56

> Hi All,

>       How can I check the system load level under on a Solaris 2.6 server?

> Thanks in advace,
> Saleej.

who -r
Indicate the current run-level of the init process.

Enjoy.

How to check system load level?

Post by rdm » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:06:45

Try getting top. Its a program that will measure io load, memory and cpu
useage.
                                        Rhuel

> Hi All,

>       How can I check the system load level under on a Solaris 2.6 server?

> Thanks in advace,
> Saleej.

1. How to check system load average in an application code.

Hi,

I am working on a project of distributed computing, in which I need to
write a piece of code to check the idleness of each computer in the
network and then launch jobs on those idled ones.  I suppose there is a
system call to do this.  Can anybody please give some help on this.
Thanks.

I have a CORBA type daemon running on each of those machines, so I don't
 have problem to talk to them.

Colin Zhao

2. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 3 of 6)

3. "Interrupted system call" at "low level" - system calls

4. network hangs - reverse DNS? need help.

5. System Load average: How much load average is good for?

6. csh: command line instead of script

7. System V File System Check: fsck

8. WARNING! Stay away from BSD lpd serving and NYS!

9. how do I check the patch level?

10. Checking Patch levels

11. Checking Fix Level (APAR, PTF, CASIL)

12. ink_level v0.2 - check the ink level of your printer

13. checking DNS performance usage levels?