CDE : Screen saver must lock the screen

Post by Herwig Troos » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am running Solaris 2.5 with CDE.

I want to have my screen saver lock the screen for me.

This possibility is mentionned in the "Help" of the Screen-dialog-box
of the "Style Manager" : but only for "Systems with screen lock extensions".

This apparently is not the case for my system.
But I can not possibly figure out why.

Q. : How do I get these "screen lock extensions" ?

Post by ldiefenb.. » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I am running Solaris 2.5 with CDE.

>I want to have my screen saver lock the screen for me.

>This possibility is mentionned in the "Help" of the Screen-dialog-box
>of the "Style Manager" : but only for "Systems with screen lock extensions".

>This apparently is not the case for my system.
>But I can not possibly figure out why.

>Q. : How do I get these "screen lock extensions" ?

I had the same problem and was told to try a little program called
"xautolock". I install it in bin as part of our auto install
routine and put /bin/xautolock in the .dt/sessions/sessionetc file
with the appropriate timeout period before the screen locks.
It works fine. I do't remember where I got xautolock, but I did
a search on Archie and found it in several places.