How to syncronize a Sparc 20 (Solaris 2.4) to a Network Time Protocol Server ?

How to syncronize a Sparc 20 (Solaris 2.4) to a Network Time Protocol Server ?

Post by Gilles Cell » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
Please can anyone help:

I want to syncronize our SparcStation 20 (Solaris 2.4) by time with
that we have always the right,syncronized Universal Time.
I heard about Network Time Protocol Servers out there, and that
you can then do a cron command.

But I really don't know how exactly how this will or can be done.
Or are there any other suggestions for this question ??

Help and suggestions greatly appreciated.
Please email-me or post to: comp.unix.solaris.

Thank you,

--- ECGS -European Center for Geodynamics and Seismology    ----
--- Rue Josy Welter 19          L-7256 Walferdange, Luxbg.  ----
--- tel   : +352 336130         fax   : +352 336129         ----

1. How to syncronize a Sparc 20 with Network Time Protocol ?

Hello,

Can anyone help:

I have to syncronize a SparcStation 20 (Solaris 2.4) with
a time signal (Universal Time). I hear about a solution by
syncing it with an Network Time Protocol Server, but don't
have any idea how to do that (cron command or what ?)

Or is there another solution for syncronizing a Sparcstation
with time protocols ?

Help and Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Please post here or email me.............

Thank you

--- ECGS -European Center for Geodynamics and Seismology    ----
--- Rue Josy Welter 19          L-7256 Walferdange, Luxbg.  ----
--- tel   : +352 336130         fax   : +352 336129         ----

2. SCSI Zip drive in RH 6.2 $@#!?

3. IP Service 'ntp' (number 123 - Network Time Protocol) for SPARC Solaris 2.4?

4. DES and MD5 encryption

5. sybase server pegs cpu on sparc 20/solaris 2.4

6. BSD Packet Filter

7. Apache claims wrong architecture on Sparc 20, Solaris 2.4 or 2.5

8. unix problem HELP!!!!

9. archie/talk under Solaris 2.4 on Sparc 20 -- Anyone????

10. Setting up Solaris 2.4 on VT100-Based SPARC 20/712MP Console

11. SPARC 20 + Solaris 2.4 for $5 only

12. a couple cmdtool questions on solaris 2.4 (sparc 20)...

13. Pager Software for Solaris 2.4 -Sparc 20 with Internet