LVD/SE, A1000 and netra t1 AC200

Post by Sere » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:26:26

Hiya,

Sun tells me I need to buy an X6541A to go in a netra t1 AC200, in
order to connect to an A1000.

Why is this? this netra is specified as having Low-Voltage
Differential ultra scsi. What is the difference between this and the
differential ultra scsi that the A1000 requires?.

Serena

LVD/SE, A1000 and netra t1 AC200

Post by Jonathan Bour » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:02:02

I know this is an expensive card, but as I found out recently, what
Sun doesn't make clear is that they use High Voltage Differential
SCSI, with 25metre cable lenghts possible. Do not connect the HVDS
A1000 to the SE/LVD AC200 as you will blow the SCSI card in the AC200.

Jonathan Bourke
Sun Engineer
BCS Computers,
Limerick, Ireland.
+353 61 311311

Quote:> Sun tells me I need to buy an X6541A to go in a netra t1 AC200, in
> order to connect to an A1000.

> Why is this? this netra is specified as having Low-Voltage
> Differential ultra scsi. What is the difference between this and the
> differential ultra scsi that the A1000 requires?.

> Serena

1. Can the Netra t1 AC200 take four 512 MB DIMMs for 2 GB RAM?

I realize that Sun only certified it for 1 GB of RAM, but that model has
not been sold in a few years. So I don't really care about hardware
support.

I'm just more curious if it has worked for anyone with 4 512 MB DIMMs?

I saw Kingston 512 MB DIMMs for the AC200 being sold, so I figure it can
take 512 MB DIMMs but I'm not sure if I can use only 2 DIMMs in or if I
can do it with 4.

-Dan

2. Full Duplex NIC

3. Solaris9 or Express on Netra t1 AC200

4. Zip temp FAQ: Linux Zip drive

5. Installing Netra T1 AC200

6. Named Pipes

7. Solaris 8 on Netra T1 AC200

8. RS/6000 520 + Xstation 130s + AES

9. sunOS5.8 install sux on netra T1 AC200

10. Netra T1 AC200

11. Netra T1 AC200 becomes unreachable

12. Interesting specs on the Netra T1 AC200

13. Newbie seeks help with Netra T1 AC200