Command - CPU Utilization?.

Post by Pa » Tue, 09 May 2006 22:21:33

Please help me out how I get CPU utilization from SUN
Server?
I have to incorporate commands into shell script.

Command - CPU Utilization?.

Post by stuart_abrams_humphr.. » Tue, 09 May 2006 22:40:15

Hi,

for individual cpu's over time try mpstat 5 5 (run 5 times at 5 second
intervals), for an average try vmstat 5 5, for average over all CPUs
over last 1,5 and 15 minutes try uptime!

Cheers
Stuart

Post by Wes William » Tue, 09 May 2006 22:41:20

> Please help me out how I get CPU utilization from SUN
> Server?
> I have to incorporate commands into shell script.

prstat
mpstat

...but someone may chime in with something better for use in shell scripts.

Command - CPU Utilization?.

Post by Tony Curti » Tue, 09 May 2006 22:35:53

>> On 08 May 2006 13:21:33 GMT,

> Please help me out how I get CPU utilization from SUN
> Server?  I have to incorporate commands into shell
> script.

Errr...what info are you looking for?  Something simple
like load average or more detailed?  An example of what
you're after would be useful.

Command - CPU Utilization?.

Post by Dextho » Tue, 09 May 2006 22:52:27

For Shell scripts "sar -u interval times" is better suitable.  One can
find the CPU breakdown and pick the last lines out of the output.

When I didnt care about the WIO%, I used to get 'vmstat 5 2' and take
the last line as my snapshot. Vmstat gives lots of counters in one
line, which is useful to know multiple metrics in one command. Sar is
also capable of doing the same, if I remember.

-Dexthor.

Command - CPU Utilization?.

Post by contrace.. » Wed, 10 May 2006 00:25:44

> Please help me out how I get CPU utilization from SUN
> Server?
> I have to incorporate commands into shell script.

Why dont you use sysperfstat ? Its a very useful script.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsln4yb/k9toolkit.html