Part of your problem is that you have some ' characters where they
should be ` characters.
..Celeste Stokely, Web Architecture & Project Mgmt Consultant
http://www.stokely.com - Home of Unix Serial Port & Sysadm Resources
22 Six Shooter Dr, Silver City NM 88061-9791
Main: 505-534-3140 - Fax: 505-534-3141
> Can somebody help me with USRobotics Sportster 33.6K modem setup for
> Solaris 2.6 x86? I don't have GUI, so "admintool" is out of the question.
> I have used command
> #pmadm -a -p zsmon -s ttya -i root -fu -v 'ttyadm -V' \
> -m "'ttyadm -d /dev/term/a -T vt100 -s /usr/login \
> -l 38400 -p \*login:\* -b -s n -t 30 -m ldterm,ttcompat'"
> Any change needed in /etc/uucp/Devices, /etc/uucp/Dialers and
> What else do I need?
> --Homer Wang
1. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?
I was going to use this hard drive to move large files from my
Ultra to my Pentium PC for CD-R backup, but upon "boot -r" on
the Ultra I saw an error about "invalid geometry" on sd3, the
drive I had formatted on my PC to be ufs. And now of course
I can't even "prtvtoc" this disk ("Unable to read Disk geometry"),
so mounting it is seemingly out of the question.
What's the problem? Was I naive to assume the a ufs on a Solaris
system would be the same regardless of CPU type? I really don't
want to use Ethernet to transmit potentially gigabytes of data
on a regular basis :-(...
Please reply via email (and post here, of course), as I don't
get a chance to keep up with the newsgroup as regularly as I
would wish. Thanks.
Mark J. Kaufman Sun Microsystems, San Diego
3. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc
4. Checking string length in csh
5. SSL setup (SWS) on Solaris 2.6 x86
7. How to setup ESS1689 PNP Sound Card under Solaris 2.6 x86?
9. RH 6.2 + Solaris 2.6 x86 LILO Setup
10. how setup sendmail on solaris x86.2.6
11. Question about Solaris 2.6 (x86) and simple network setup
12. Solaris 2.6 x86 behind "@Home" cable modem (revisited)
13. Modem hangs Solaris 2.6 x86