something odd with procmail

Post by D Fon » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

So, I'm trying to setup procmail for some people here, but I"m getting
some strange behavior. We have a Solaris 2.6 machine running NIS, and a
mailserver running 2.7 with sendmail 8.9.1 and procmail v3.11pre7.

I setup the .forward as such:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #username"

For some reason it doesn't appear to always work on the 2.7 machine.
It's almost like the .forward file isn't read. However, when I go to the
mailserver or any other machine not running 2.7 it works
fine(/usr/lib/sendmail -bv username) throws back at me the fact that
it's being piped to procmail. While on the 2.7 machine it just says
it's:

deliverable: mailer local, user testuser

It gets better...for some users it works fine. I tried looking at file
permissions, shells, username lengths...it doesn't seem to make any
sense.

Any ideas?

-Dan

1. procmail to grab something from body

I have a rather lenghtly procmail script. I need to add one more portion that grabs a custom header and sends it to a script.
this was working fine.
        LOG = "Log in MySQL"
        :0 c
        * ^X-Orig-TO:\/.*
        |/home/mailsort/bin/parse_to_mysql.php $MATCH

Problem is that because I want to catch this from bounce back messages, the X-Orig-TO is no longer a header.
How can i change this to check the body rather then the header????

2. How to Clone driver (different size) Sun Ultra 1

3. Something odd with telnet, ftp, rlogin.....

4. Creating my own email address

5. Problems with automount

6. Something odd in konquerer file manager

7. Help me install Linux on an iMac

8. Something odd is happening to the Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter

9. Almost in PPP land but something is odd.

10. i810-tco : odd behavior, odd driver ?

11. qualitylinks, need something, find something