Terminal Problems w/Solaris 2.7

Post by rjmatth.. » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to set up a terminal off of my Intel
2.7 box, but I'm having problems doing so.

I've set serial port A using both admintool and
sacadm/pmadm.  I receive a "Login:" prompt on the
terminal, but my keystrokes are only echoed back.
 I can "cat > /dev/ttya" just fine, yet I should
be able to "cat /dev/ttya" to see keystrokes from
the terminal, correct?  Using a loopback on the
serial connection does conferm characters are
being sent from the terminal.

Can someone shed some light on my problem?  Where
do I go from here?  I know this should be very
simple!

Thanks for any help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Terminal Problems w/Solaris 2.7

Post by Dave Granti » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Have you tried stty -echo?
(off the top of my head...I can't test it right now)

anyway, man stty.  I'll do the same tomorrow.

CHeers,
Dave

> I'm trying to set up a terminal off of my Intel
> 2.7 box, but I'm having problems doing so.

> I've set serial port A using both admintool and
> sacadm/pmadm.  I receive a "Login:" prompt on the
> terminal, but my keystrokes are only echoed back.
>  I can "cat > /dev/ttya" just fine, yet I should
> be able to "cat /dev/ttya" to see keystrokes from
> the terminal, correct?  Using a loopback on the
> serial connection does conferm characters are
> being sent from the terminal.

> Can someone shed some light on my problem?  Where
> do I go from here?  I know this should be very
> simple!

> Thanks for any help!

+---------------------+---------------+

+---------------------+---------------+

1. CISCO AS2509-RJ as Console Terminal for SUN SPARC Ultra 5 on Solaris 2.7

Hi there,

We were testing on a Solaris SPARC ultra 5 server to use /dev/term/a (D25
pin port) as its serial console port. To some degree of success we were able
to connect from AS2509 to SUN on /dev/term/b (D9 PIN port), but the solution
was not very stable. Meaning, we could get it to work for few minutes, then
it would break after that. We then have to muck around by re-booting the
server a few times to recover the solution.

Do you have configuration info for the setup on the Sun server to make this
to work perfectly?

Thanks

Tim Lim

2. Parallel port inputs

3. NIS Installation problem on Solaris 2.7

4. where do i get ideparms.c???

5. radius.3.6B.basic : compilation problem with Solaris 2.7

6. AMD OPTERON & LINUX?

7. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

8. Changing date?

9. memory problem with ptmalloc + POSIX threads on Solaris 2.8/2.7 (32bit)

10. ISP CHAP AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM solaris 2.7 x86

11. Solaris 2.7 sendmail.cf problem

12. Problem with new () on Solaris 2.6/2.7

13. Solaris 2.7 Print then No Print Problem