Help with unlink on a directory on SunOS 5.2

Help with unlink on a directory on SunOS 5.2

Post by David Lehma » Thu, 29 Jul 1993 00:35:09

I am having problems unlinking a directory, /opt/opt, which I linked to
/opt using /usr/sbin/link. This is NOT a symbolic link. /usr/sbin/unlink does
not work.  I tried the following program which does not work.
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        extern int errno;

        unlink(argv[1]);
        perror(argv[1]);

        exit(errno);

Quote:}

It returns errno == 22.

/opt is a mount point. The OS is SunOS 5.2. Mount(1m) returns in part:
/opt on /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s0 setuid/read/write on Mon Jul 26 01:31:50 1993

Any suggestions on how to unlink /opt/opt would be greatly appreciated.

-David

1. SunOS 4.1 vs SunOS 5.2

I do not understand why behavior is different between SunOS 4.1 and 5.2.

I have an executable file with the setuid bit on (anyone can execute
it), owned by user A.  The executable file does a system("bbb"), where
bbb is a sh script.  The script accesses a file which is only readable
by user A.

In SunOS 4.1, when someone other than user A runs the executable file, the
file (readable only by user A) is accessed OK.

But in SunOS 5.2, when someone other than user A runs the executable file,
access is prevented.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.  Please email me.

Harold McCabe

2. Sorry, help again!!

3. 'unlink /directory' HELP!

4. Increasing the size of root partition

5. SunOS 5.2 Print Client and BSD Print Server

6. HELP compiling X programs

7. Terminal hookup to SS2 under SunOS 5.2

8. Red Hat Linux - Apache included? in Standard Edition?

9. GNU finger dying regularly on SunOS 5.2

10. Profiling problems under SunOS 5.2

11. automounting trouble from SunOS 4.1.x to Irix 5.2?

12. top3.1beta under SunOS 5.2 problems

13. porting SunOS C++ program to RH 5.2 Linux