Mailer-Daemon Error

Post by General Failur » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello

After installing the latest Solaris 2.6 patch cluster, we've been getting a
lot of returned mail. The following is the output.

The original message was received at Wed, 3 May 2000 09:13:36 +0200
from localhost

   ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
<root>  (unrecoverable error)

Message could not be delivered for zero seconds
Message will be deleted from queue

Quote:   ----- Original message follows -----

Strangely enough these messages all come from cron jobs.
I've got no idea what causes this. Perhaps somone here can help me

Mailer-Daemon Error

Post by Andrei Ivan » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

> After installing the latest Solaris 2.6 patch cluster, we've been getting a
> lot of returned mail. The following is the output.

As part of Recommended patch cluster you've installed the 105395-06 sendmail
patch, which upgraded your old (SMI-8.6) MTA to newer version, 8.8.8 (or
smth like that). Read SPECIAL_INSTRUCTIONS file (part of the patch) for
list of new features and pointers to web documents, describing all the
details. Also, /usr/lib/mail/README would be very helpful. You have to create
new sendmail.cf file to reflect all your specific needs and to get rid of errors.

--
andrei

1. Tin, Mailer Daemon errors!

        I've been trying to install/setup tin, with inn installed
        and same goes for cnews. But, I always seem to be getting
        these errors, here's the capture :

Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 09:51:04 -0500

Subject: Returned mail: Can't create output: Permission denied

The original message was received at Fri, 17 Mar 1995 09:51:03 -0500

   ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
usenet  (unrecoverable error)

550 usenet... User unknown
550 /root/dead.letter... Can't create output: Permission denied

2. Undelete files in Unix File System?

3. Vacation replies to Mailer-Daemon & Postmaster

4. Kernel 2.4: /usr/include/asm Linux scsi are't links to source-tree anymore?

5. Dear MAILER-DAEMON

6. fdisk /mbr isn't working

7. vacation program responding to Mailer-Daemon?

8. SLS networking doesn't.

9. aic7* claims all checked EISA io ranges (was: [MAILER-DAEMON@rumms

10. Wrong messages from Mailer-Daemon

11. aic7* claims all checked EISA io ranges (was: [MAILER-DAEMON@rumms.

12. mailer daemon for me

13. mailer daemons implementation without root access