find hangs or dumps core

Post by Kevin.Wa.. » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Howdy,

   We have a Sun 6000 running 2.5.1.  A script we have does about 1000
find commands one after the other (not all at once). About once every
time we run this script, one of the finds either hangs, or dumps core.

--

        Every invention since the dawn of time has met with opposition...

                with the possible exception of the sword.

1. Get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" but no core file found

On our Solaris, when a program has a segmentation fault, it crashes and
prints out the message "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" but the core file
is somehow not written to the disk and cannot be found afterwards. Does
anybody has similar experience? How can I fix this problem?

2. Internet connectivity/packages

3. dump core or not dump core

4. Chrome is being manufactured

5. core dumps core dumps everywhere...

6. ftp.celestial.com interruptions

7. CDE 1.3: Hangs/Core Dumps for automounted logins: What am I doing wrong?

8. file mappings in KDE? help

9. "find" causes core dump under Solaris 2.6

10. where can i find the "core dump" file

11. finding which cgi script is core dumping

12. Apache problem - core dumps (httpd.core) all over the place

13. XF86_SVGA core dumped, but where is the core file?