server reboots automatically

Post by Tung Kwong Yeo » Thu, 11 Nov 1993 13:32:49

Machine: SPARCServer 1000
OS: Solaris 2.2

My machine did an auto reboot this morning.  The error message in the
/var/adm/messages is

reboot after panic: memeory address alignment

Any ideas what went wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tung, Kwong Yeong
Computer Centre
National University of Singapore

server reboots automatically

Post by Brian T. Whi » Fri, 12 Nov 1993 00:05:08

In article 8946, Tung Kwong Yeong writes

Quote:> My machine did an auto reboot this morning.  The error message in the
> /var/adm/messages is

> reboot after panic: memeory address alignment

We got the following message under SunOS 4.1.3:

vmunix: pid 8207, `nfsd': Memory address alignment

which appears to be the same error.  This happened when an IBM on our
network (running AIX) was booting.  It turns out that IBMs have an
undocumented "noacl" option for their NFS mounts.  The IBMs are trying
to use ACLs on the server and the Sun panics when it sees the unknown
RPC call.  To add this option, do something like this in /etc/filesystems
on the IBM:

/genome/genome0:
        dev             = /genome0
        vfs             = nfs
        nodename        = genome
        mount           = false
        type            = remote
        options         = bg,soft,intr,retry=1,nodev,nosuid,noacl
        account         = false                             ^^^^^

This fixed the problem on our systems.  Our Sun servers used to die
regularly with this error, and they never do now.

1. How to automatically start the server after Unix reboot?

I am running Netscape Enterprise Web server on SGI machine.
Everytime, after I restart the machine, I need to manually
start the web server afterwards.

I checked /etc/config directory, the ns_admin is on; I also
checked /etc/init.d directory, the ns_admin runs fine.  I
knew it should not be put in /etc/inittab.

1. Could someone tell me what is the procedure to automatically
   start a program after a Unix box reboot.

2. To my problem, what should I do?

Thanks.

jimmy

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. Help: ATAPI Tape timeouts

3. server reboot, client can't umount w/o reboot - help!

4. I need help setting up my network.

5. lauch automatically a process when I reboot

6. how to install canon bj4100 under suse 5.3

7. reboot and do all fsck's *automatically*

8. Laser print Qs down - won't start

9. getting httpd to start automatically after a reboot

10. Machine reboots automatically

11. question : how to automatically log in after reboot.

12. automatically rebooting if new kernel fails?

13. After reboot, X can start by startx, but when started automatically