HP laser filters available?

Post by Mark H Johns » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 03:10:27

> I'm setting up some printing from my Solaris 2.3 system and I'd like to not
> have to re-invent the wheel.  I need some basic filters for printing on
> HP laserjet printers.  Such things as portrait/landscae, simple font
> selections, etc. would be appreciated.

Which laserjet printers?  We are printing to laserjet 4si/mx's from both
our Sun and Silicon Graphics machines using code we received from HP.  If
you want what we have, the person you should contact here (who set the
stuff up) is Dan Schwepker (817) 695-3599 or email via

--

HP laser filters available?

Post by Michael van Di » Tue, 07 Feb 1995 21:07:13

: > I'm setting up some printing from my Solaris 2.3 system and I'd like to not
: > have to re-invent the wheel.  I need some basic filters for printing on
: > HP laserjet printers.  Such things as portrait/landscae, simple font
: > selections, etc. would be appreciated.

: Which laserjet printers?  We are printing to laserjet 4si/mx's from both
: our Sun and Silicon Graphics machines using code we received from HP.  If
: you want what we have, the person you should contact here (who set the
: stuff up) is Dan Schwepker (817) 695-3599 or email via

I once saw the following ftp site somewhere (I haven't tried it) :

    ftp-boi.external.hp.com:/pub/jetdirect

Hope it helps.

Regards
Michael

1. Looking for an accounting filter for an HP-laser.

Hi,

I'm setting up our Unix-boxes for general use. Connected to these systems
are 2 HP-laser printers. I'm shure that people are going to print graphics
on them. So I cant use the regular filter which counts 'CR''s of 'FF''s.
(Since they can be part of a download font or a graphics string).

Has anybody made a filter which does a good aproximation of the number of
used pages?
And does he want to share it?

Thanx,
        Willem Jan Withagen.

Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven                    The Netherlands

2. Public Directory on linux partition

3. HP Laser Jet and Linux (Where is the filter!?)

4. EMC Clariion 4500 (Your opinion)

5. Where can I get a filter for Epson Action 1000 laser printer?

6. Snd works but the dmesg ...

7. Laser Printer Filters...

8. Best Generic Network Card

9. question on ditroff filter for laser printer

10. ditroff filter for Apple Laser-Writer

11. Printing to remote laser printers / print filters

12. Filters, Filters, where are you Filters...

13. HP Laser Jet II info needed