Solaris 7 question

Post by Jsk19 » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:36:31

How many LUNs can be attached to a partition running Solaris 2.7? Thanks

Solaris 7 question

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 04:26:58

> How many LUNs can be attached to a partition running Solaris 2.7? Thanks

Huh? I think you need to check your terminology usage here. Uses lotsa
buzzwords, but makes absolutely no sense...

1. partitions don't run Solaris, period. Systems do.
2. LUNs aren't attached to partitions. LUNs are attached to systems, and
partitions are created on LUNs.

Do you mean to ask, "How many LUNs can be attached to a system running Solaris
2.7?"

Solaris 7 question

Post by Jsk19 » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 04:45:41

  The system I was refering to does run multple solaris partitions.

Solaris 7 question

Post by Tony Walto » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:46:49

> > How many LUNs can be attached to a partition running Solaris 2.7? Thanks

> Huh? I think you need to check your terminology usage here. Uses lotsa
> buzzwords, but makes absolutely no sense...

> 1. partitions don't run Solaris, period. Systems do.

E10K?  Ex800?

--
Tony

Solaris 7 question

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 02:28:14

> > 1. partitions don't run Solaris, period. Systems do.
> E10K?  Ex800?

The OP should be more specific then.

1. Sparc10 solaris 2.5 to Sparc20 solaris 2.6 migration question

subject says it all. I got into this game late. I have a customer running a
Sparc10 with Solaris 2.5 (patch levels woefully behind) who decided the
performance of the Oracle 7x database on it would be increased by moving it
over to a Sparc20 running dual SM71s and Solaris 2.6. They bought all the
H/W then engaged me to do the work. Yikes.

Anyway, my question is: can anyone suggest the audit I might make of the
sparc10 to ensure I can replicate user accounts, host name, etc.. on the new
Sparc20 so i can snapshot the database, copy it over, then go testing? I
realize this is a wide-open question, but I'm not a Solaris guru. My *nix
experience is mostly with SCO and HP-UX...

Any help GREATLY appreciated and email replies preferred as I don't get to
to USENET as much as I'd like...

Jack

_______________
Jack M. Estes, II
Prinicple Consultant
E-SWAT/STS Technologies, Inc.
(314)961-2862 office

2. glib-config path not found

3. Jumpstart Question: Solaris 2.6 vs Solaris 2.4

4. is this compaq config compatible with fbsd 3.3?

5. CDE/1.2 (Solaris/2.6) vs CDE/1.0.2 (Solaris/2.5.1) -- Login-Screen Question

6. Aaron R. Kulkis' signature

7. Solaris patch/bug report question and Solaris 2.6/7 feature

8. X window freeze

9. Solaris 2.3 NIS+ Upgrade to Solaris 2.5 NIS+ Question!

10. Question: C2 Security Configuration for general Unix and Solaris/Trusted Solaris (Auditing)

11. solaris 10 zone / container question (or Solaris 9)

12. Question on using Solaris 1.x for serving SPARKWorks to Solaris 2.x clients

13. Two Questions: dd error and Printer error questions, Solaris 8 on Ultra 10