mac client support?Solaris 7

Post by Chris Torlins » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

 I was reading Computerworld today, rather dodgy review
 of Solaris 7, and they mention that Solaris 7 comes with
 built-in support for Macintosh and NT/95 clients ...
 umm, whats the package called, cause I don't see it.
 if it's free , then heck..I'll use it!!!

 thanks,

 -chris

ps: I've got the Server bundle too...

mac client support?Solaris 7

Post by Richard Smit » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Seems to me they are speaking of the "Totalnet" package found
on the server supplement CD which provides appletalk file sharing
and printing.

--
(To reply to my e-mail, first delete the NULL word from the end of my address.)

  rc.smith.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Using a Mac as CVS server, Linux and Mac clients

I need a CVS repository for source control.  Builds are for both Linux
and Mac OS X (10.2), so my idea was to setup a repository on a Mac box,
then access it remotely from the Linux environment, but I'm having no luck.

I'm on a small lan - I've given each box a unique IP address.
I can ping the Mac from Linux.
I can open an ssh session from Linux on the Mac.
I can't rcp files (Connection refused).  Any other network operations
result in Connection refused.
I can see the Mac, and the files under my account from my Windows XP box.

I've turned on all the sharing stuff (system settings, sharing) on the Mac.
I don't really have a clue what I doing.  Can anybody point me to a
resource for this kind of information?

Mick.

2. Sony CDU31a CDrom problems

3. Can SunOS 4.1.2 (Solaris 1) server support dataless Solaris 2.1 clients?

4. Solaris - kernel routine definitions needed

5. Problem with NFS mount from Solaris server to Mac OS X client

6. Detecting card max bandwidth

7. solaris 8 ipsec vpn server solution for windows/mac based clients

8. equivalent of high color for X windows?

9. HFS+ support, AirPort support, and Mac OS emulation?

10. comp.sys.mac.misc comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.apps

11. Adding heterogeneous client support on a Solaris 2.1 server

12. Mosaic client for Solaris 2.3 with term support?

13. Solaris dhcp client sends too long client id