Help with nfs?

Post by Anthony E. Col » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Solaris 7 x86 is used as nfs.server and Solaris 2.5 Sparc as client.
I need to load s/w on Sparc but it doesn't have cdrom.  I have mounted
the cdrom from x86 like so: # mount -F nfs -o ro solaris:/cdrom /cdrom
(solairs is name of x86).  On Sparc I can see mount point /cdrom and I
can even browse the tree, but I can't see any files, I can only see
directories.  What have I done wrong?  On x86 I have made entries in
/etc/dfs/dfstab like so: share -F nfs -o ro=pssa /cdrom and share -F
nfs -o ro /cdrom (pssa is name of Sparc).

Kindest regards,

Anthony

Help with nfs?

Post by Andrew Gabri » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Solaris 7 x86 is used as nfs.server and Solaris 2.5 Sparc as client.
>I need to load s/w on Sparc but it doesn't have cdrom.  I have mounted
>the cdrom from x86 like so: # mount -F nfs -o ro solaris:/cdrom /cdrom
>(solairs is name of x86).  On Sparc I can see mount point /cdrom and I
>can even browse the tree, but I can't see any files, I can only see
>directories.  What have I done wrong?  On x86 I have made entries in
>/etc/dfs/dfstab like so: share -F nfs -o ro=pssa /cdrom and share -F
>nfs -o ro /cdrom (pssa is name of Sparc).

Take the entry out of dfstab.
Add an appropriate entry to /etc/rmmount.conf (man rmmount.conf),
for example:

share cdrom*

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

1. Help needed: NFS V3 and NFS V2

I have a performance problem using NFS mount.
I export a file system from a machine using NFS V3 (AIX 4.2.1)
I mount this filesystem on a machine with NFS V2 (AIX 4.1.4)
The  transfer rate is worse than NFS V2 mounted on NFS V2
On the other hand if I mount the same exporeted filesystem on another
NFS V3 sysstem and that i use the "nfs3" filesystem type the transfer
rate is excellent.

Does anybody knows the solution to speed up my NFS mount when the client
runs NFS V2 (AIX 4.1.4) and the server runs NFS V3 (AIX 4.2.1).
I do not want to update my AIX 4.1.4 system.

        Thanks

                Olivier

 Bull S.A, Rue Jean Jaures B.P.68, 78340 Les Clayes sous Bois FRANCE
 Tel:01.30.80.63.99 Bullcom:23-76399 Fax:01.30.80.77.99

2. Doing backups larger than the DLT tapes

3. HELP: Slow NFS client to server causing Very slow NFS install

4. Acrobat Reader 3.02 and Solaris 2.6.

5. Help--readonly nfs mounts

6. looking for lockd & statd NFS daemons for LINUX

7. Help with NFS or FTP installation of Redhat Linux v5.0

8. PCMCIA/SCSI Parallel Port install failure

9. help with nfs

10. Help: Automatic nfs and smb at startup

11. Need help with NFS mount hang

12. Help with NFS....

13. Help on NFS