telnet idle timeout

Post by philc1.. » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 05:11:40

What would cause all telnet sessions to timeout and disconnect after an
idle period? This is Solaris 2.7 on e4500. I've never seen anything
quite like it B4.

TIA.
philc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

telnet idle timeout

Post by jp2.. » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 06:47:54

> What would cause all telnet sessions to timeout and disconnect after an
> idle period? This is Solaris 2.7 on e4500. I've never seen anything
> quite like it B4.

> TIA.
> philc

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

This might not be much help, but I once thought I had telnet sessions drop
and then I found out that there had been changes to the router, so really it
was just a network issue, not a Unix or telnet issue. Otherwise,  I'm pretty
sure the telnet should not drop unless you kill it or intentionally end the
session. JP

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

telnet idle timeout

Post by Don Woodwar » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:16:56

Some shells have timeout parameters.

Don Woodward
www.sunsunsun.net

> What would cause all telnet sessions to timeout and disconnect after an
> idle period? This is Solaris 2.7 on e4500. I've never seen anything
> quite like it B4.

> TIA.
> philc

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. telnet idle timeout

What would make any/all standard telnet connections timeout and
automatically close after an idle period? I'm seeing this on two 4500's
running Solaris 2.7.

TIA.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Setting up TCP/IP in YDL 2.0 ... how???

3. Idle-Timeout with Telnet and SSH

4. Samba connectivity...

5. Telnet/Ssh idle timeout

6. IP Masqurading

7. Telnet / SSH Idle Timeout

8. Why so much disk paging?

9. idle timeouts (ssh and telnet): where is this set?

10. Need to disable idle timeout on telnet

11. idle Telnet timeout

12. set idle timeout for telnet and wu-ftpd

13. What controls idle timeout?