I have a new SunFire V880 and as a novice was wondering how do I
configure the RAID set before installing Solaris8.
Jason Benedicic, CCSA
actually, it's on "CD 2 of 2", last time I checked. Or maybe sun hasQuote:>The two common volume managers available on SUN are Solstice Disk Suite
>(free, on one of the companion disks, IIRC)
[Trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
[ Do NOT email-CC me on posts. Pick one or the other.]
Sun also sells external disk arrays with RAID controllers but those
are normally configured -after- the OS has been installed on the
This space has been accidentally left blank.
I've scoured the search engines
I've looked at vinum and ccd
I need RAID-1 Hardware with instructions how to mirror!
Where is this information?
Mylex, AMI all have cards. Which card to buy? How are they
supported? How do I set them up? Where is the RAID documentation?
Where's the secret cache of all this info?
3. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files
5. Installing Linux on a RAID array using the Promise PDC20276 ATA 133 RAID controller
7. Raid 0 wihout a Raid Controller
8. Linux has problums installing. CPU?
10. AIX/SSA Raid 5, add disk to existing raid
11. server/raid/solaris upgrading - need help (raid manager)