Just an idea...

Post by Bruce Riddl » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 12:01:23

> > If everyone on the list orders a copy of the 02/02 media it might give
> > the bean counters at Sun another indication of our support.

> Yes, but at the current pricing level and with the very expensive packaging
> they are using right now, they won't be making any *profit* on these
> orders!

> I've said it before: one disk per small freezer bag; all small freezer bags
> go into one large freezer bag; docs only on CDROM; slip it into a FedEx or
> UPS supplied (free) envelope and you'll make money on the deal.  Oh I
> forgot - bump the price to $100.   So lets see:

> 2,000 copies with $70/copy profit = $140k

I tried to order from work today.
No dice.  Tried 3 times but no luck.
Got home and ordered mine.

But I agree with Ian,
Spend $45 dollars everybody.
http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries/get.html
(The 10/01 kit will order the 2/02 kit.)

Order the media kit, then thery will have some numbers they have
to pay attention to.  If they still mothball Solaris X86,
you can consider it the collector's edition. :-)

Bruce

PS: Apologies for the crosspost.
Spread the word if you care.

Just an idea...

Post by grayd » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 19:25:45

> > > If everyone on the list orders a copy of the 02/02 media it might give
> > > the bean counters at Sun another indication of our support.

> > Yes, but at the current pricing level and with the very expensive packaging
> > they are using right now, they won't be making any *profit* on these
> > orders!

> > I've said it before: one disk per small freezer bag; all small freezer bags
> > go into one large freezer bag; docs only on CDROM; slip it into a FedEx or
> > UPS supplied (free) envelope and you'll make money on the deal.  Oh I
> > forgot - bump the price to $100.   So lets see:

> > 2,000 copies with $70/copy profit = $140k

> I tried to order from work today.
> No dice.  Tried 3 times but no luck.
> Got home and ordered mine.

> But I agree with Ian,
> Spend $45 dollars everybody.
> http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries/get.html
> (The 10/01 kit will order the 2/02 kit.)

> Order the media kit, then thery will have some numbers they have
> to pay attention to.  If they still mothball Solaris X86,
> you can consider it the collector's edition. :-)

> Bruce

> PS: Apologies for the crosspost.
> Spread the word if you care.

Good ideal, I just did the same

1. any ideas? good idea...

Does anyone know of something that will *selectively* forward mail based
on certain criterion like sender, date, length, etc....

Or is that a hole that needs to be filled?  If anyone has good ideas how
I can perhaps accomplish this  please tell... I'm a decent c programmer,
I know shell better

     I BOYCOTT ANY COMPANY WHO USES MASS ADVERTISING ON THE INTERNET

Current Assholes who use the internet for mass media:
  1) Peter Stone and John Harkin of the Cyberden  (cyberden.com)

2. find and replace

3. creative banshee drivers..any ideas??

4. tar question

5. Linux crashes - any idea?

6. Ftape help for Newbie

7. Strange idea

8. NSAPI on HPUX

9. Programming Idea

10. New Solaris programming book - soliciting subject ideas

11. Any ideas on how to setup DHCP like client on sun OS 4.1.4 ??

12. Disk System Programming Idea -- comments needed

13. Looking for Ideas?