Unable ot send mail because of network configuration

Unable ot send mail because of network configuration

Post by vkuma » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi guys,
  We have a Sun Server that we had hooked up to our ISP and was used for sending
mails using sendmail. At that time the IP address on the machine was part of the
ISP's subnet.  Since we have lots of folks , we have created a internal IP
address scheme and use a MS Proxy Server to connect to the ISP. We assigned a
internal IP address to the Sun Server also. Now the problem is that the sendmail
cannot see the external network and so does not send the mails. It just sits in
the Mail queue. I can send the mail from all other machines using Netscape mail.
What do I have to configure on the Sun Server so that it can send the mail. Is
there somewhere I can mention that it needs to use the Proxy server as the
gateway to the outside world ?

Thanks
Venkatesh

Post by Philip Bro » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hi guys,
>  We have a Sun Server that we had hooked up to our ISP and was used for sending
>mails using sendmail. At that time the IP address on the machine was part of the
>ISP's subnet.  Since we have lots of folks , we have created a internal IP
>address scheme and use a MS Proxy Server to connect to the ISP. We assigned a
>internal IP address to the Sun Server also. Now the problem is that the sendmail
>cannot see the external network and so does not send the mails. It just sits in
>the Mail queue. I can send the mail from all other machines using
>Netscape mail.
>What do I have to configure on the Sun Server so that it can send the mail.

Tell it to blindly send email through the same server that you tell
netscape.
You have to completely redo your configuration.
You have to now base it in /etc/mail/subsidiary.cf

The word of the day is mispergitude