Sending mail to Microsoft Exchange Server

Sending mail to Microsoft Exchange Server

Post by Madh » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:42:49

We are using CA Unicenter Service Desk 5.5. on Solaris 8. I have
configured the notification in such a way that the mail to goes to the
email recipient and i am testing it on our exchange server (i want the
mail to go from the Solaris Box to the exchange server). The
ServiceDesk has scripts which use the sendmail utility to send mails.
But, the mails are not going. What configuration changes should i do
to get this working?

Sending mail to Microsoft Exchange Server

Post by Mike Mille » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:53:12

Quote:> We are using CA Unicenter Service Desk 5.5. on Solaris 8. I have
> configured the notification in such a way that the mail to goes to the
> email recipient and i am testing it on our exchange server (i want the
> mail to go from the Solaris Box to the exchange server). The
> ServiceDesk has scripts which use the sendmail utility to send mails.
> But, the mails are not going. What configuration changes should i do
> to get this working?

The most obvious thing to check is the email address that you are sending
to. Can you send mail to this address by hand? What does

place sendmail is attempting to deliver to and the second will show the
verbose output of a mail transaction to the recipient. Either should show
what your problem is.
--
Mike Miller
If all else fails - READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

1. Sendmail to send all Internet mail to internal Microsoft Exchange server

Hello!  I have posted this in the comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup but no one
has replied from there.  Maybe someone can point me to the right direction
here in this newsgroup.  Thanks.

We just acquired an IBM RS6000 a couple months ago.  We have a Microsoft
Exchange Server in our LAN which does our mail delivery both internal and
Internet.  The RS6000 is connected to our LAN.  We would like sendmail to
forward mail that is formatted with the Internet addressing (in our case

MS Exchange server at port 25.  I have tried the following:  setup entries
of our Exchange server, and our proxy server in the /etc/hosts file.
Changed the default gateway in the Unix box to point to our proxy server,
which forwards any incoming mail to the exchange server.  When I send e-mail
to my Exchange mailbox from the Unix, the message is returned to me with the
error "There is a Host Name Lookup Failure".  We are not using DNS on the
Unix box because it is a standalone box except for e-mail and ftp to/from
internal workstations.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carlos

2. Recreate VGDAs?

3. mail - Sending mail to Exchange Server

4. Help gcc 2.7.2 crash

5. How can I get mail from "Microsoft Exchange Server" in linux?

6. (newbie) Linux on PB-540 w/ PPC upgrade

7. How to make that Sendmail send mails to Exchange server

8. Anyone use the socket command?

9. Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

10. Sending mail from UNIX using Exchange server

11. Linux mail server with MS-Mail/Exchange

12. Mail on SCO <--> Microsoft Exchange NT on a network?

13. Mail via Microsoft Exchange