Warning: multiple interfaces found hme0

Post by crai.. » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
  We have an ultra 10, with an ethernet card, and token ring cards as
well. So, hme0 and trp0, and trp1. When we do a traceroute with an
address, the system (solaris 7) picks the hme0 interface (ethernet
first), and we can override with the i parm for trp1. I shutdown this
interface and then it worked fine, but when I re-enabled it, it took
over again, so its not an ordering thing in routing table, and there is
no default route to utilize this card, just a default route to get out
on the gateway. Is this inherit to Solaris that its search order is
ethernet card before token ring, or is there a file that I can modify to
change this?

Much thanks,
Craig

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/