Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":2.0"

Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":2.0"

Post by Michael Laajane » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:05:43

Hi,

I receive this after a very long startup time when Opera is starting.

Is this something that is easy to install/enable on S9/Sparc?

/michael

Post by Juergen Kei » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:48:44

> I receive this after a very long startup time when Opera is starting.

> Is this something that is easy to install/enable on S9/Sparc?

The latest S9 update release 9/2004 should include the RENDER
extension.

Post by Michael Laajane » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:41:18

HI,

>>I receive this after a very long startup time when Opera is starting.

>>Is this something that is easy to install/enable on S9/Sparc?

> The latest S9 update release 9/2004 should include the RENDER
> extension.

I am running that version but on a Sunray, is that the problem?

/michael

Post by Juergen Kei » Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:37:07

>>>I receive this after a very long startup time when Opera is starting.

>>>Is this something that is easy to install/enable on S9/Sparc?
>> The latest S9 update release 9/2004 should include the RENDER
>> extension.
> I am running that version but on a Sunray, is that the problem?

I don't know.

With a local display, and S9 4/2004 (SPARC), and S9 9/2004 (x86)

% xdpyinfo
name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    Sun Microsystems, Inc.
vendor release number:    6610
number of extensions:    30
    RECORD
    RENDER     <<<<<<<
    SECURITY

Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":2.0"

Post by Michael Laajane » Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:13:40

HI,

><sniP>
>>I am running that version but on a Sunray, is that the problem?

> I don't know.

> With a local display, and S9 4/2004 (SPARC), and S9 9/2004 (x86)

> % xdpyinfo
> name of display:    :0.0
> version number:    11.0
> vendor string:    Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> vendor release number:    6610
> number of extensions:    30
>     RECORD
>     RENDER     <<<<<<<
>     SECURITY

xdyinfo gives

<snip>
    RECORD
     SECURITY
     SHAPE
<sniP>

So its missing, anyidea what this means and if this is work-in-progress
on Sunrays?

/michael

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:11:14

|> I receive this after a very long startup time when Opera is starting.
|>
|> Is this something that is easy to install/enable on S9/Sparc?
|
|The latest S9 update release 9/2004 should include the RENDER
|extension.

Only on certain video cards - the library is there, but most video cards
don't support it.

 http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~alanc/   *   http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:11:43

|> The latest S9 update release 9/2004 should include the RENDER
|> extension.
|I am running that version but on a Sunray, is that the problem?

Yes.   Sun Ray does not support the RENDER extension.

 http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~alanc/   *   http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/