Console messages?

Post by Pat Colem » Fri, 22 Jul 1994 20:49:13

I have Solaris 2.3 running on an LX & SPARC 10 and get the following
messages from time to time on both(don't get them together).

1. WARNING: processor level 4 onboard interrupt not serviced
and
2. 'hostname' ftpd[###]:getpeername (in.ftpd):Transport end point
   is not connected.

Anyone have any idea what is causing these messages?

Thanks,

Pat.

1. shl on console hangs on console message

When running shl on the console, if a console message appears, like
"Uugetty respawning too rapidly", it puts the terminal in a state where
whatever I type is echoed, but nothing is recognized, and ^Z does not do
anything.  I have to go to another terminal and kill the shl process.

Does anyone know why this happens?  It is probably one of those internal
things that can't be corrected.

I am writing a shl clone that exhibits the same behavior.

--
Bruce Momjian           | 830 Blythe Avenue               | home: (215)853-3000

2. SB16+Roland SCD-15?

3. How to present console messages without a console window?

4. Patch 103566-27 and /var/X with alternate root option

5. Why don't console message appear in my ``console'' window?

6. networking

7. Intercepting console messages without disabling the console

8. Sis620 and XFree86 4.0.2

9. Request for Info: Weird Console Messages

10. how to redirect console messages with dtchooser?

11. "tagged openings" console messages and disk problems

12. How Do I Make One of Those Cool Console Messages Windows?

13. SERIOUS PROBLEM: syslogd: cannot register to log console messages