New 3D Solaris/XWindows game: BattleBall v1.1

New 3D Solaris/XWindows game: BattleBall v1.1

Post by Philip Hardi » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Pardon if this posting is a little off-topic:

I recently finished writing BattleBall v1.1, a single/multiplayer 3D
game which runs under Unix/XWindows.  You can download BattleBall from
my home page--

* as a precompiled executable for Sun's Solaris
* as a precompiled executable for IBM's AIX
* in source code form

I'm releasing the game as freeware.  Come visit!

  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/pahardin

1. New X Game - 3D Pong!

Based on a 3D project I wrote for my Linear Algebra class, 3D Pong is just
what its name implies:  a 3D version of Pong, the first arcade game!

Play 1 player against the computer.
Play 2 player against an opponent on another X server.
Play 1 player against gravity in "handball" mode.

Pick one of six viewing position modes:

  First person perspective (behind your paddle)
  From the side ("bleacher" view)
  From the top
  Freeview (user-controlled angle with realtime mouse-controlled rotation)
  The dizzying "follow the ball" mode
  And "follow the paddle" mode.

Add gravity (or even "antigravity") or a deflective "net" to the game!

It even has a true red/blue split 3D mode in case you have a pair of
old fashioned red/blue 3D glasses handy!!! :)

It comes as C source code and is played with the mouse.

Come check out screen shots and download a copy of your own from:

  http://zippy.sonoma.edu/kendrick/nbs/unix/x/3dpong/

And best of all... It's free!

-bill!
Bill Kendrick
/|\ Software Engineer

http://zippy.sonoma.edu/kendrick/

2. change kernel parameter

3. 3d Games: The Old Way vs. The New Era, Networked Way

4. Catastophe in realloc: Invalid storage ptr

5. Jeu De Role 3D (RPG game in 3D)

6. question:Netscape Server & virtual servers

7. New!: CreativeLinux.com, Webbie Tookay-Virtual Supermodel, Game Show Network Debuts New Show

8. kde3.1 beta 2

9. Sasteroids v1.0 release (vga arcade game)

10. ZBlast v1.1 - simple shoot-em-up game for VGA, X

11. NVIDIA 3D: really slow glxgears & game crashes - ARRGHH!

12. OpenSource 3D MultiUser game for Linux. Client-Server.