Alteon Gigabit Cards

Post by Daniel S. Tat » Sun, 06 May 2001 00:04:24

Anyone here successfully use a Alteon GBIC under Solaris 8?

Unfortunately, I've tried and can't get it to work.    The drivers we have,
I'm sure, are for 2.6 only (ACENic revision N).       Intraserver's site
notes that their drivers ONLY work with Intraserver NIC's.

If anyone can help, I'd be extremely grateful.

Daniel S. Tate, SCSA, MCP, A+
Unix Administrator

Alteon Gigabit Cards

Post by Alan Stang » Sun, 06 May 2001 00:27:06

>Anyone here successfully use a Alteon GBIC under Solaris 8?

>Unfortunately, I've tried and can't get it to work.    The drivers we have,
>I'm sure, are for 2.6 only (ACENic revision N).       Intraserver's site
>notes that their drivers ONLY work with Intraserver NIC's.

>If anyone can help, I'd be extremely grateful.

Last time I looked, 2.6 was only a 32 bit kernel.

Is your Solaris 8 system running a 64 bit kernel?  The 32 bit driver
won't work on a 64 bit kernel.

--

Alteon Gigabit Cards

Post by Daniel S. Tat » Sun, 06 May 2001 02:02:52

Yeah.

I really, really need the 64 bit driver :(

> >Anyone here successfully use a Alteon GBIC under Solaris 8?

> >Unfortunately, I've tried and can't get it to work.    The drivers we
have,
> >I'm sure, are for 2.6 only (ACENic revision N).       Intraserver's site
> >notes that their drivers ONLY work with Intraserver NIC's.

> >If anyone can help, I'd be extremely grateful.

> Last time I looked, 2.6 was only a 32 bit kernel.

> Is your Solaris 8 system running a 64 bit kernel?  The 32 bit driver
> won't work on a 64 bit kernel.

> --

1. Alteon Gigabit Ethernet Solaris 7 driver

Hi,

Does anybody know if there's an alteon ACEnic driver available for
solaris 7? Is the driver for Solaris 2.6 compatible with Solaris 7?
Where can I get a hold of it? I have what seems to be Alteon open
driver distribution (i.e. opendrv.tar.gz), which seems to has Solaris
2.6 driver source code inside. But, I have trouble compiling the
driver since there's no instruction on how to build and instll the
driver. Any advice is greatly apprecitated.

Choksing Taweponsomkiat.
Software Engineer

Address: Systems Integration Plus, Inc./
         Systems Integration Plus
         17350 N. Hartford Dr.
         Scottsdale, AZ 85255
phone  : (480)513-8979 x108    fax : (480)513-3993

2. how to change from DHCP to static IP on Solaris 8

3. Gigabit linux bridge (making a gigabit switch out of a linux box)

4. How to connect to frame-relay

5. Newbie / G4 gigabit / Advansys SCSI card

6. ethernet card differences

7. Gigabit ether card

8. X-Window Display Problem

9. OT: Which Gigabit ethernet card?

10. Linux Lock-up on Broadcom Gigabit Card

11. Recommended good stable cheap Gigabit Network cards for Solaris?

12. New gigabit cards

13. two gigabit cards on one server = problem