intel i810 graphic chipset

Post by Andrey Andreye » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:35:51

Has anybody started Xwindow (either X from sun or xfree) on intel 810 chip?
I found that xfree supports it only on modified linux kernel, but nobody
mentioned solaris x86.

Thanks in advance.

intel i810 graphic chipset

Post by Dave Uhrin » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 02:00:28

> Has anybody started Xwindow (either X from sun or xfree) on intel 810
> chip? I found that xfree supports it only on modified linux kernel,
> but nobody mentioned solaris x86.

> Thanks in advance.

http://access1.sun.com/cgi-bin/rpatch2html?README.109401-05

intel i810 graphic chipset

Post by Joe Seig » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:22:12

> > Has anybody started Xwindow (either X from sun or xfree) on intel 810
> > chip? I found that xfree supports it only on modified linux kernel,
> > but nobody mentioned solaris x86.

> > Thanks in advance.

> http://access1.sun.com/cgi-bin/rpatch2html?README.109401-05

Anybody know what exactly "If installing for Intel 810 or 815 support, see Important Note, above." refers to?

Joe Seigh

1. xfree86 won′t work with intel i810 chipset

hi all,

ive installed redhat 6.2 on an intel celeron 433 with an intel 810
chipset graphic card on board, and im not able to start x with a
greater resolution than 320x200.

ive tried it with xfree86 v3.6 and there was the problem, that the i810

chipset isnt recognized, therefore the video mode is always set to
320x200 ('generic vga mode'), although i inserted greater resolutions in

the xf86config file in the screen-section :-((.

ive also tried the new version xfree86 4.0, with the corresponding
xserver from the intel-home-page, but after i installed the xf810 server

and the install script completed without errors, i wasnt able to start
xfree86 -configure, due there was an error: 'you must have installed
glide... ...the libglide2.so cannot be found. aborting configuration
process'.

can anybody help me???

is there a possibility to work with i810 chipset with a 'good' screen
resolution or does anybody have an example, how i have to configure the
xserver?

thanx in advance,
thomas.

2. Problems installing patch

3. XFree86 with Intel i810 chipset

4. startx in 16bpp

5. Intel i810 chipset, AC97 drivers for sound

6. Equivalent of asm("memoryBarrier") on AIX.

7. Intel i810 chipset, AC97 sound driver

8. Partition Problems!

9. Intel I810 Chipset AGP under XFree - Help!!!

10. intel i810 chipset/XF86 and agpgrat kernel module

11. Intel i810 Chipset

12. tco/rng support for Intel chipsets other than the i810?

13. Intel i810 chipset and display problem