Serial Printer Setup on a Sparc20 running 2.4

Serial Printer Setup on a Sparc20 running 2.4

Post by fran.. » Fri, 16 May 1997 04:00:00

I have an HPIII that is setup with a serial printer setting and a null modem cable.  I can't get it to print, but I can get the printer to login to /dev/tty/a port.  What am I doing worng?

1. Please help with serial printer (QMS) at Sun IPX (Solaris 2.4) !

Hi,

i have a lot of trouble getting my QMS 410 to work with my Sun IPX
under Solaris over a serial port. Anybody out there, who got a
similar setup to work?

I have the printer hooked up to /dev/term/b, set the printer to 19200 baud
(i tried 9600 baud too), set the stty options with lpadmin etc. I checked
the cable, it's ok and supports hardware flow controll (build according
the IPX Answerbook pages). But i can't get rid of handshaking problems:
When i print a document longer than 1 page, the jobs hangs after a few
pages. Can somebody enlight me, how to set the eeprom settings of the
serial ports, the stty options with lpadmin and the serial line characteristics
on the printer ?

Thanks a lot, Jan

--
Jan G. Timm      System Administration - Computational Linguistics
Universitaet des Saarlandes - Im Stadtwald - D66041 - Saarbruecken

2. Dual monitors

3. Poor disk performance sparc20 2.4

4. Burning redhat 6.1 distrib

5. Kernel panic:Solaris 2.4:Sparc20

6. distributed computing

7. read/write DOS diskkettes from Solaris 2.4 on a Sparc20

8. what do these error msg mean?

9. Securing a dialup line on SPARC20 under Solaris 2.4

10. need GCC for 2.4 (sparc20) BINARIES

11. SBUS card for Sparc20 runnin Sol 2.4?

12. Request: Tcsh binary for Solaris 2.4 on Sparc20

13. Subnetting in 2.4/Sparc20?