Solved: DualBoot NT4 & Solaris using System Commander

Solved: DualBoot NT4 & Solaris using System Commander

Post by Sean Kell » Thu, 30 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        We were able to use system commander to dual boot both NT4 and
solaris. The two configuration changes to System Commander were:

        1) use system commanders local setup (Alt-s, Local config) to
        hide all other partitions from NT and Solaris (so they can't
        see eachother's partitions).

        2) Perform a step mentioned in the V-COM faq (www.v-com.com).

                a) From main System Commander menu pick ALT-S
                b) select "Global Settings" but *DO NOT* press enter
                c) press "Alt-F9" which brings up an internal
                configuration menu.
                d) Change the "Clear Items" menu choice from "MEMORY"
                   to "NO".
                e) press esc to return to main menu.

        Sean.

--
Sean M. Kelley                  Decision-Science Applications

(703)243-2500                   #include <std_disclaimer.h>

1. System Commander w/ RedHat3.0 & NT4.0Server

Hey All....

I had a small problem that I ope someone else has encpoutnered before
and maybe shed some light on my problem. I had NT4.0Server and RedHat
3.0 running beautifully on my machine on separate hard drivres . Then
I went to install System Comander instead of using the LILO boot
because I thought it might be more reliable (boy was I wrong!)
ANYWAY... I can now boot up thru SC my NT40 partition but when I try
the Linux hard disk it tells me that the boot partition on the hard
drive has been corrupted.

The NT40 was the active hard drive in the first place but LILO
overwrite the MBR on that disk. Now that SC has overwritten the MBR, I
cna't get at me Linux drive anymore! Can anyone help me here?

Thanx in advance!!

EJ

2. command (mt) to fwd to end of tape

3. Installing Solaris 2.5 x86 on the second drive (System Commander issues solved)

4. Volume Manager 2.4 and Solaris 2.7

5. Using LILO & System Commander

6. Linux and Zenith

7. Bridging token ring to ethernet??

8. System Commander problems (was Re: Possible to boot freebsd from system commander?)

9. Solaris 2.5.1 & System Commander PROBLEM HELP

10. Video card & System Commander probs. w/ Solaris 2.6 x86

11. Dualboot on Compaq running NT4.0