Writting a STREAM module for Solaris 2.6

Writting a STREAM module for Solaris 2.6

Post by Yugo Shimad » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I've ever written a STREAM module for SVR4.2(SCO UnixWare) and am now
interesting in writting it for Solaris 2.6 above.

I've got a developer manual, "Programner Guide: STREAM" published by AT&T
some years ago, which includes some module codes as sample. These sample
for general SVR4 still run on Solaris 2.6 ?  Is there any additional work on
Solaris ?
(I had to add some codes to be loadable module in SVR4.2... )

I would be grateful if someone show(copy to) me sample module codes, install
scripts for Solaris 2.6...

Thanks,
Yugo Shimada

Writting a STREAM module for Solaris 2.6

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I've ever written a STREAM module for SVR4.2(SCO UnixWare) and am now
>interesting in writting it for Solaris 2.6 above.
>I've got a developer manual, "Programner Guide: STREAM" published by AT&T
>some years ago, which includes some module codes as sample. These sample
>for general SVR4 still run on Solaris 2.6 ?  Is there any additional work on
>Solaris ?
>(I had to add some codes to be loadable module in SVR4.2... )

Solaris 2.x adds multi threading, so some stuff is really different.

Quote:>I would be grateful if someone show(copy to) me sample module codes, install
>scripts for Solaris 2.6...

Check the driver develoer pages on www.sun.com.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

I just build a streams driver module. It was installed into the system
with add_drv and loaded with modload. I also set up a device in the
/devices and /dev for it. When I try to install it into my network
stream I get the following message.

ifconfig: fail to insert module: base: Invalid argument

It appears that the module "base" cannot be found. Any suggestions?

Steve West

2. command line argument help

3. Quicktime Streaming Server for Solaris 2.6

4. STTY and a Serial Terminal (3s at end of every line)

5. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

6. "Location:" command

7. Upgrade from Solaris 2.6 with Volume Manager 2.6 to Solaris 8 with Volume Manager 3.2

8. Cluster: whats best in load-balancing, MOSIX or Be-woulf?

9. pam modules under Solaris 2.6

10. Anyone have written devices/drivers/module on solaris 2.6?

11. Apache Shared Modules on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.6

12. HELP: Writing a module/driver in Solaris 2.6

13. Solaris 2.6 and old CPU modules