How to restart the domaine name lookup after using af VPN client from cisco

How to restart the domaine name lookup after using af VPN client from cisco

Post by Jan Bir » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:15:49

Hi

I am using Solaris 9 (Sparc). After using (Closing by CTRL-C) a VPN
client (vpnclient from Cisco) I can't browse the internet.

*) The browser says 'host not found'
*) If I 'ping domain.post I don't get an answer

*But* if I do an 'nslookup domain.post' then I can ping and use the
internet on that specific address!!

I think, while the VPN is active, the VPN software tells the kernel to
use the VPN DNS but when I am finished, the kernel is not starting  to
use the DNS found in /etc/resolv.conf

It is a bid hard to do a manual nslookup for all the internet
addresses :-)) and I don't like to reboot after using VPN-client.

Is there any way to 'reload the resolv function' whit out a reboot (or
any other idea?)

Thanks

/Jan

Post by Jorgen Moquis » Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:12:09

> Hi

> I am using Solaris 9 (Sparc). After using (Closing by CTRL-C) a VPN
> client (vpnclient from Cisco) I can't browse the internet.

> *) The browser says 'host not found'
> *) If I 'ping domain.post I don't get an answer

> *But* if I do an 'nslookup domain.post' then I can ping and use the
> internet on that specific address!!

> I think, while the VPN is active, the VPN software tells the kernel to
> use the VPN DNS but when I am finished, the kernel is not starting  to
> use the DNS found in /etc/resolv.conf

> It is a bid hard to do a manual nslookup for all the internet addresses
> :-)) and I don't like to reboot after using VPN-client.

> Is there any way to 'reload the resolv function' whit out a reboot (or
> any other idea?)

> Thanks

> /Jan

do you meen: ndc reload
?
/J?rgen

How to restart the domaine name lookup after using af VPN client from cisco

Post by Jan Bir » Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:10:19

Quote:> do you meen: ndc reload
> ?

It didn't solve the problem :-(

/Jan

How to restart the domaine name lookup after using af VPN client from cisco

Post by Chris 'Saundo' Saunderso » Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:54:55

[snip]

Quote:> Is there any way to 'reload the resolv function' whit out a reboot (or any
> other idea?)

try restarting nscd through /etc/init.d/nscd.

Saundo
--

Unix/CCNA/CCDA Guy           Powered by Linux and the Orb.

How to restart the domaine name lookup after using af VPN client from cisco

Post by Jan Bir » Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:26:48

Quote:>   Try shutting down the vpn tunnel with 'vpnclient disconnect'
> instead of using ctrl-c.

It didn't solve the problem :-(

/Jan

How to restart the domaine name lookup after using af VPN client from cisco

Post by Jan Bir » Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:28:17

Quote:

> try restarting nscd through /etc/init.d/nscd.

Thanks, that helped!

/Jan

1. Howto configure, that the Cisco VPN Client starts automatically after computer restart ?

hi

Howto configure, that the Cisco vpn clent vpnclient-linux-3.7.3.A-k9,
running on linux SuSE 8.1
starts automatically after computer restart,
never ask for the user and password
and never goes down ?

my configuration is:

[main]
Description=VPN
Host=X.X.X.X
AuthType=1
GroupName=XXX
GroupPwd=
EnableISPConnect=0
ISPConnectType=1
ISPConnect=
ISPCommand=
Username=XXX
SaveUserPassword=1
UserPassword=
NTDomain=
EnableBackup=0
BackupServer=
EnableMSLogon=1
MSLogonType=0
EnableNat=1
TunnelingMode=0
TcpTunnelingPort=10000
CertStore=0
CertName=
CertPath=
CertSubjectName=
CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000
SendCertChain=0
DHGroup=2
ForceKeepAlives=0
PeerTimeout=100
EnableLocalLAN=1
enc_GroupPwd=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
enc_UserPassword=
VerifyCertDN=
EnableSplitDNS=1

best regards
P.C.

2. WANTED/SECURITY: Linux Tiger-Team

3. Linux vpn & cisco vpn client

4. DSL problem

5. VPN Tunnel; PIX -> Cisco VPN Client for Solaris 3.5

6. PCMCIA ethernet card

7. Prb NIS Client definition domaine name

8. ANN: Setting up a bluetooth AP with Debian

9. resolv.conf and VPN name lookup problem

10. Cisco VPN Client

11. Cisco C5000 VPN client for FreeBSD?

12. Cisco VPN Client -> network hang or system lock