How to get x86 Solaris (195$) upgrade ??

How to get x86 Solaris (195$) upgrade ??

Post by Herbert Tobi » Thu, 22 Jul 1993 22:09:20

Today I visited a german  VAR information-day of x86 Solaris.
Their was a lot of trouble, because SunSoft speakers couldn't
answer the question about the "195$" upgrade offer from
             Interactive to Solaris x86.

SunSoft and german distributors are waiting for answers from the
the Sun headquarters in the US.

Does anybody can tell me, how SunSoft handle this announcment
from 1992 in the united states ???

German user insist to a promise to update to equivalent versions,
that means to get a (Solaris x86 + compiler )  for a workstation
developer version of ISC.

Tobias Herbert

How to get x86 Solaris (195$) upgrade ??

Post by Ed Whittemo » Tue, 27 Jul 1993 03:37:53

Quote:>Today I visited a german  VAR information-day of x86 Solaris.
>Their was a lot of trouble, because SunSoft speakers couldn't
>answer the question about the "195$" upgrade offer from
>             Interactive to Solaris x86.

>SunSoft and german distributors are waiting for answers from the
>the Sun headquarters in the US.

>Does anybody can tell me, how SunSoft handle this announcment
>from 1992 in the united states ???

>German user insist to a promise to update to equivalent versions,
>that means to get a (Solaris x86 + compiler )  for a workstation
>developer version of ISC.

>Tobias Herbert

In the US, such upgrades are *only* available directly from SunSoft,
and not through distribution.

The upgrade does not include the compiler, but only the desktop.

One would have wished for a direct, functional upgrade for each
Interactive module, that is to say, a Workstation Developer Multiuser
Package would get an upgrade to a Workgroup Server with ProWorks C,
but that does not seem to be the case, and no matter what Interactive
package you have, apparently you only get a Solaris Desktop.

--

American Micro Group, Inc.   201-944-3293