Setting up a Sendmail Gateway?

Post by Rob Dav » Tue, 30 May 1995 04:00:00

        I have a general question about Sendmail on Sun's.  Why doesn't
Sun include a sendmail.cf file for mail gateway's?  I thought the main.cf
file was a configuration file for a gateway, but I guess it isn't.  The only
way I've made the Main.cf file work is to point it at another server, which
in this case was a box running linux, and I didn't have nearly as much trouble
getting the mail in the linux box to work.

        I guess what this amounts to is a call for help.  I need to set up a
Spark 20 as a mail gateway.  It is running 2.4 with Sendmail 5.x.  I would
be greatful if someone could send me a sendmail.cf file that would work on
this machine.  I don't want to tell my boss that the cheep 486 running linux
is running circles around his very expensive new spark.  Any help would be
appreciated.

        It is a simple configuration.  It only functions as a gateway between
internet and a LAN.  I've thought about setting up a newer version of Sendmail
on this platform, but as networks and network management goes, I need about
three more people working for me just to keep up with the load.  I plan on
compiling 8.6.12.  I've even set aside a weekend in about two months to do it.
If someone could send me a copy of their CF file, I would be greatful.

Thank you,
Rob Davis

Post by Andreas Kle » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

[...]

You can read that configuration in the answerbook.

main.cf is ok if you have a fully qualified domain name.

RTFM

--

                  *** apsfilter - irgendwie clever ***
ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de:/pub/Linux/local/packs/APSfilter/aps-49...:-)