DAT Gapless

Post by Luigi Paganin » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I need to read some DAT tapes written in GAPLESS mode but with the
standard st tape driver i got I/O error. The tape is written as a
sequence of blocks of 32KB without gap.
Is there available a driver for the HP 1533 DAT TAPE able to work in
GAPLESS mode ?
I have both SOLARIS 2.4 & 2.5.

Can anybody help me ?

Regards

Luigi Paganini
AGUSTA SPA

1. Any support for DAT audio on DAT drives?

It's funny I've never heard mention of the ability or non-ability to read and
write DAT audio tapes using a SCSI DAT drive on Linux.  Has anyone tried this?
What drivers/software is available?  I know SGI machines can do this.  In
fact there is a program out there that will dub from audio CD in the CDROM
drive to the DAT drive...

                                                Joe

2. Panic in 2.5.4 during bootup after POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX

3. DAT tapes vs. non-DAT tapes ( SCSI )

4. rs6000/860 laptop

5. old DAT tape in new DAT drive ...

6. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 problems

7. Idea: DAT FS Module [some DAT scripts appended]

8. SIGSEGV and locating which page faulted

9. DAT "TLZ06" on Solaris2.4 - Help with Dat device

10. DAT tape (audio) and DDS-DAT (data)

11. DAT to DAT copy

12. copy dat to dat

13. DAT TAPE DRIVES: Wangtek can't read HP DAT tapes