one to one user-space thread and lwp

Post by Inde » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 00:18:33

Hi
        Is there some way to enable one-to-one mapping between a user-space
thread and
lwp ?

Thankx and Regards
     Inder

Post by Chris Thomps » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 01:11:19

>        Is there some way to enable one-to-one mapping between a user-space
>thread and lwp ?

I believe that this is essentially what the alternate libthread shared
library in /usr/lib/lwp gives you. It is supposed to become the default
in Solaris 9.

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 [at] cam.ac.uk

Post by C. Armou » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 11:36:20

> >        Is there some way to enable one-to-one mapping between a user-space
> >thread and lwp ?

> I believe that this is essentially what the alternate libthread shared
> library in /usr/lib/lwp gives you. It is supposed to become the default
> in Solaris 9.

Thanks for the tip.  I won't be installing Sol 9.

Use THR_BOUND for the flags in the call to thr_create().

CDA

--
Rhythm and Colour at Park Mooting.  Peredos Last in the Grand Natural.
Velivision victor.  Dubs newstage oldtime turf-tussle, recalling Winny

And here are the details.

        -- Finnegans Wake

one to one user-space thread and lwp

Post by Inde » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 17:05:49

Thanks Chris........ I have found a very good url on this.....

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/man2html?threads:3THR

Inder

> >        Is there some way to enable one-to-one mapping between a
user-space
> >thread and lwp ?

> I believe that this is essentially what the alternate libthread shared
> library in /usr/lib/lwp gives you. It is supposed to become the default
> in Solaris 9.

> Chris Thompson
> Email: cet1 [at] cam.ac.uk

1. one-to-one mapping between user-level threads and LWPs

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to enable one-to-one mapping between user-level
threads and LWPs.

From the Solaris 8 documentation, I understand that already-compiled
applications can achieve this one-to-one mapping by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/lwp.
This solves my problem on Solaris 8.

But, I want to enable this one-to-one mapping on Solaris 7 also. How do
I make my applications use this one-to-one mapping.

Thanks & Regards,
subbu

2. Linux/Alpha on Multia: XF86Config

3. Can sed replace one or more spaces with one space?

4. Kevman, Kevin Olexa

5. One easy, one less so, one not quite so.....

6. Poor man's RAID?

7. apache, day one, hour one, minute one, local write permission !?!?!?!?

8. HELP! I realy need MD5 and DES algorithms!

9. nis / yp: allowing users shell one one client, but not on the server?

10. One Process/Thread Pool Per User Server Design

11. Question: IO on one thread blocks other threads wanting to do IO?

12. shrink continuous space to one space

13. kernel thread VS user space thread in linux