How can change the Solaris primary boot subsystem to boot Windows xp default?

How can change the Solaris primary boot subsystem to boot Windows xp default?

Post by Eric Zhan » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:02:13

Hi,everyone

   I have installed both Windows Xp_sp2 and Solarisx86 10 in a singer
hard disk.And make the Solaris partition active,so the default boot is
solaris 10. But i want to change Windows XP to boot default.Which file
should i change in /boot/solaris/ ? Thaks

How can change the Solaris primary boot subsystem to boot Windows xp default?

Post by Harr » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:44:21

Quote:Eric Zhang wrote...

>Hi,everyone

>   I have installed both Windows Xp_sp2 and Solarisx86 10 in a singer
>hard disk.And make the Solaris partition active,so the default boot is
>solaris 10. But i want to change Windows XP to boot default.Which file
>should i change in /boot/solaris/ ? Thaks

Google "solaris x86 faq" will give yourself some help.

E.G. One of the many hits will point to here.
http://www.sun.drydog.com/faq/9.html

1. Solaris Primary Boot Subsystem - Question

Hi!
I have on first hard disk a Windows 98 (first partition)
and Solaris 10 b63 (second partition active).
At boot solaris display the Primary Boot Subsystem and
lets me to choose between windows and solaris (default if
I don't press any key).
Now I have a second hdisk and I want to install Freebsd 4.10.
A question ?
How to add another voice to Primary Boot Subsystem ?
How to have this choice:

1) Solaris (default)
2) win98
3) freebsd?????????

Thanks for answer
Marco

2. Firefox, Thunderbird trouble.

3. Dual boot Debian and XP "boot failure" using XP boot loader

4. Intruder login in Redhat 5.0 ?

5. Dual boot XP / Linux wont boot into XP

6. 2.5.69-mm5

7. Newbie novice installed Grub on Redhat 7.3 with separate /boot partition, dual boot Windows XP

8. Sample driver fails to attach

9. linux - windows xp pro - dual boot - boot.ini - bootsect.lnx failure

10. How to go to BIOS and change the boot order under Windows XP?

11. Boot Manager diddler to change 'default' boot ?

12. How to dual boot Windows XP and Solaris 7