Pseudo-device Qns

Post by Davi » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:51:27

Can anyone help me?

Recently, one of my E250 server running Solaris 2.6 went into panic state
afterwhich i found the following message in my /var/adm/messages.

unix: pseudo-device: lockstat0

Does anyone know what do "lockstat0" mean ?

Pseudo-device Qns

Post by ken » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:32:04

Hi - it gathers and displays kernel locking and profiling
statistics.

See
        man lockstat

-- Ken

> Can anyone help me?

> Recently, one of my E250 server running Solaris 2.6 went into panic state
> afterwhich i found the following message in my /var/adm/messages.

> unix: pseudo-device: lockstat0

> Does anyone know what do "lockstat0" mean ?

Pseudo-device Qns

Post by Davi » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 16:27:57

thanks

> Hi - it gathers and displays kernel locking and profiling
> statistics.

> See
> man lockstat

> -- Ken

> > Can anyone help me?

> > Recently, one of my E250 server running Solaris 2.6 went into panic
state
> > afterwhich i found the following message in my /var/adm/messages.

> > unix: pseudo-device: lockstat0

> > Does anyone know what do "lockstat0" mean ?

1. STREAMS message from pseudo-device to pseudo-device

Hi everybody,

I have a kernel device driver programming related question for Solaris
2.6.

We have a packet classifier which sits between the IP pseudo-driver
and the network interface driver.

We need to send an unacknowledged message from the IP driver to our
classifier so as to pass on connection setup information. The classifier
is implemented as a pseudo device driver. We have plumbed the classifier
beneath IP, and now need a way to send M_PROTO messages from the IP driver
to the classifier. We have saved up the address of the device write queue
of our classifier in a global variable, but a putnext of a message from IP
onto the classifier's device write queue causes the machine to crash.

(1) In short, is there a way for M_PROTO messages to be transmitted from
IP to our classifier beneath it.

(2) Is there a way to set up a STREAM between two kernel pseudo device
drivers?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Regards,
ravi

2. Cannot access /dev/video0 device.

3. May 23 10:50:05 mwsbit04 pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: devinfo0

4. NT stops navy ship dead

5. Network Pseudo-device question

6. Is there graphics.h in CC- unix compiler???

7. undefined pseudo-device abcd

8. Xconfig for PowerGraph X-24 request.

9. pseudo-device error in messages

10. HELP: configuring tun0 pseudo-device

11. Pseudo-Device Driver in Solaris 2.x

12. Help developing a pseudo-device driver ?

13. SUMMARY: Is this a job for a pseudo-device driver?