Setup wallpaper on Solaris8

Post by Solari » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I would like to set some jpg, bmp or Sunraster format image on my CDE
background. Anyone can tell me how can I do it?

regards,
Solaris

Setup wallpaper on Solaris8

Post by Floris van der Ploe » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I would like to set some jpg, bmp or Sunraster format image on my CDE
> background. Anyone can tell me how can I do it?

> regards,
> Solaris

Put your file in
/usr/dt/share/backdrops

You have to convert it to bm or pm... That can be done with the image editor
that is shipped with solaris...

greetz.

Floris van der Ploeg

Setup wallpaper on Solaris8

Post by Solari » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

But "pm" only support 256 color, how to set it as a 16M color
wallpaper??

regards,
Solaris

Post by Billy Halse » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I would like to set some jpg, bmp or Sunraster format image on my CDE
> background. Anyone can tell me how can I do it?

> regards,
> Solaris

This has been answered on this NG countless times, but what's one more?

Set your backdrop to "no backdrop" and use an app like xv (which you'll
have to download if you don't have it already) to set the background.
With xv, you can run "xv -root -quit <file>.jpg"

-- Billy

These are my words, not those of my employer. So there. :P

1. C++ app built on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07 crashes on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07

Hello Guys,

Our application was built on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07
SUNW,Sun-Blade-100. When the application is run on Solaris 8
Generic_117350-01 SUNW,Netra-T12 it crushes randomly and the core file
turns out to be ureadable:

dbx: corefile corrupted or produced on a different version of Solaris.
Ignoring.

Does anyone have a clue of what is going on? Can an application built
on "Generic_108528-07 SUNW,Sun-Blade-100" version of Solaris8 be run
on "Generic_117350-01 SUNW,Netra-T12" version?

Thanks,
Alona

2. Berkeley DB (Embedded Database)

3. Connection setup for SSH2 much slower than for SSH1 on Solaris8

4. KSH /tmp/sh$$.* files problem

5. How do yo setup printing (PCL) under Solaris8 (SPARC)

6. building ftape documentation

7. Strange DNS client setup problem in solaris8

8. Sendmail Problems (newbie)

9. HP Vectra internal modem setup for Solaris8/x86 ?

10. KDE Wallpapers slow desktop switching

11. go here for free wallpaper

12. wallpaper in X?

13. KDE and changing wallpaper.