problem with the ps command on Solaris 7

problem with the ps command on Solaris 7

Post by Gabriel Belinguer » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 22:29:50

Hi,

I have a problem with the ps command:

When I execute it shows a message saying that it cannot read a dynamic library:

The output is the following:

# ps [ENTER]
ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/sparcv9/ld.so.1
Killed

I checked for that file and it exist, and the user permissions are all setted.

What could it be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

problem with the ps command on Solaris 7

Post by -wisegu » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:39:50

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a problem with the ps command:

> When I execute it shows a message saying that it cannot read a dynamic
> library:

> The output is the following:

> # ps [ENTER]
> ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/sparcv9/ld.so.1
> Killed

> I checked for that file and it exist, and the user permissions are all
> setted.

> What could it be the problem?

> Thanks in advance,
> Gabriel

what does ldd {path to ps command} say?
You're using /bin/ps, right?

Have you compared the ps command checksum against the official ones at SUN to
see if it's been hacked?  Maybe grab the executable from a secure machine and
compare the two?  Are you running the correct ps command version 32bit/64bit?

--
-wiseguy
Recursion is such a deep concept.

Post by Gabriel Belinguer » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:55:31

> > Hi,

> > I have a problem with the ps command:

> > When I execute it shows a message saying that it cannot read a dynamic
> > library:

> > The output is the following:

> > # ps [ENTER]
> > ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/sparcv9/ld.so.1
> > Killed

> > I checked for that file and it exist, and the user permissions are all
> > setted.

> > What could it be the problem?

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Gabriel

> what does ldd {path to ps command} say?

ldd /usr/bin/ps
   libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc.so.1
   libdl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
   /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-60/lib/libc_psr.so.1

Quote:> You're using /bin/ps, right?

I'm using /usr/bin/ps

Quote:> Have you compared the ps command checksum against the official ones at SUN to
> see if it's been hacked?  Maybe grab the executable from a secure machine and
> compare the two?  Are you running the correct ps command version 32bit/64bit?

How do I compute the checksum?
How do I know if I'm running a 32 or 64 bit ps command?

Regards,
Gabriel