Group Membership

Post by hra.. » Wed, 05 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Thanks for your replies there were a few useful suggestions.  The simplest was
as follows :

if("`groups | grep groupname`" == "") then .....

I'd been trying this from the start but I forgot the single quotes (oops!)

Thanks,

Stephen. W. Barnett,

1. Group membership for a group

Hello,

my question is: Is there any possibility for a group do be a Part of
an other group?

For example:
The group "Chiefs" should be part of the group "Employees".

Is this possible or have I add the username of the group chiefs to the
group employees????

Thx.
Marty

2. Troubles with Sony PCG-C1MHP (crusoe based and ALIM 1533 drivers)

3. Group membership problem

4. How to make a patch file

5. How to do automatic group membership?

6. ANNOUNCE: New server dedicated to Linux searches...

7. More than 32 group membership problem

8. Solaris 7 free?

9. group memberships

10. file permissions & group membership when uploading files via FTP

11. Problem with multi-group membership? SOLVED

12. add a group membership to all users

13. Secondary group membership