Problem with running apps on Solaris built by egcs

Problem with running apps on Solaris built by egcs

Post by Mathias Waa » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I've installed the egcs egcs-2.91.66 on our Solaris 7 machines.
> All seems to be ok, it compiles and links but running an
> application results in a segmentation fault.

Ok, there were no answers so I've decided to install another
compiler - the gcc 2.8.1. But with the same result. Running
a small program like

#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
  cout << argc << endl;
  return 0;

Quote:}

0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

What's going wrong here?

Regards
    Mathias

Problem with running apps on Solaris built by egcs

Post by Mathias Waa » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> 0
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Ok I've found the solution: somewhere in the library search path
for the ld there were old versions of crt0.o and crt1.o. I've
renamed them and all works ok.

Sorry for bothering you;)

Mathias