DiskSuite Mirroring two different size drives

DiskSuite Mirroring two different size drives

Post by Terr » Fri, 09 May 2003 22:32:43

I have Solaris 8 systems, I'm installing DiskSuite 4.2.1 on them and
I'm attempting to mirror different sized drives.  When I metattach d0
d2 (root slice), the sync fails and the slices are marked "Needs
Maintenance" and it asks for metareplace to be run on the primary
drive.
On the first system I thought I had a bad drive and replace it, now
this is the second system in a row that's having the issue.
My slice sizes are the same on the drives with the exception of the
database slice.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Is there a
chance that the drives are different speeds?  Is there a size issue,
these drives only have two slices, root and swap, so root is over 8G?
Or am I just jinxed when it comes to DiskSuite?
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Terry

DiskSuite Mirroring two different size drives

Post by Thomas Tornblo » Sat, 10 May 2003 03:28:29

The sync should not fail.

If disksuite doesn't like what you're doing, it will tell you up front.

Sounds like your source drive is failing.

Check your messages file, and iostat -E for errors.

Thomas